Hotmail.com you can send and receive emails with Hotmail’s account, and it takes less than 20 minutes for Hotmail Sign Up. You don’t need to depend on Google’s mail or any other email platforms because Hotmail works effectively.
Hotmail has been around for the last 26 years (1996) and was acquired by Microsoft, and they have been giving email services to this date. You might be wondering how come you have not heard about Hotmail in recent years? It is because Microsoft has taken over and now the old Hotmail.com is known as outlook.com.
It truly is not just about renaming; it is a pure rebranding strategy. Truth be told, they’ve improved something of it, adding a lot of new valuable features to your inbox and making it simpler to use for their clients. Hotmail accounts can now enjoy all the advantages of Outlook, meaning they don’t become outdated or should be reused.
How to sign up Hotmail account?
No one likes to keep waiting and commit basic errors that can be easily avoided. Follow our basic guide to sign up for Hotmail.com at a quicker pace.
- First, to sign up on Hotmail, you have to go to signup.live.com.
- Now, on the left of your screen, you will see a registration form that you have to fill out. Enter your first and last name in the initial two text boxes above.
- From the dropdown menu, choose whether you want to create an email in Outlook or Hotmail.
- Click “Next” and choose a strong password for your email account. A strong password should be a combination of alphanumeric characters with upper and lower case. Enter your unique password having at least eight characters that you can remember easily. Nowreenter the password in the box below and click “Next”.
- Now, from the dropdown menu, choose your region or country. And enter the Zip codeof your region.
- You must enter your date of birth and gender from the drop-down menu.
- In this step, you have to enter your country code and then your contact number. Contact numbers are asked by email platforms to make your account secure and to help you retrieveyour account in case you forget your Hotmail id or password.
- Now, add your alternate email address if you want to. Adding an alternate email address will help you secure your account.
- In this final step, you have to enter the characters shown in the image below. This stepis important as you have to prove that a real person is creating this account rather than a robot.
When all the above-mentioned steps are done, click the blue button that says: “Create Account”. Once the process is done, you will be redirected to your email inbox. From there, you can simply manage your account, emails, contacts, etc.
Hotmail login (from Web):
- At the top right corner, you will see a button that says: “Sign In”. Click on the button.
- Now, enter the email address that you created while Hotmail Sign Up.
- In this step, you have to enter the password that you created at the time of sign-up. Always remember that the passwords are case-sensitive; you must be very careful while entering the password.
- Enter the “Sign in” button and you will be redirected to your inbox. If you want your browser to save your credentials for direct logins in the future. A command box will appear; you can opt to remember me. Now every time you open Hotmail, it will take you directly toyour inbox (This step is only recommended for your personal computers; never save your credentials on public or someone else’s computer).
Hotmail Login (From Smartphone):
You can access your Hotmail inbox from your iOs and Android devices as well. The app nameon Android Play Store and iOs App Store is Outlook.
- Install the Outlook app on your mobile device. Once the app is installed, open it.
- You will be landed on the home page once you open the app. Tap on the Sign-in option.
- Enter your email and password and enter ‘Continue”. Make sure to enter the correct email and password to log in to your Hotmail account.
- Once you have logged in, you will be notified that your account has been added to your Outlook app. You will be shown the tutorial on how to use the app, you can simply skip that part if you already know how to use it.
Is the Hotmail account password forgotten?
Many people go through this, they create a password and assume that they will remember it but when signing in again, they forget what their password was. If you have forgotten your password that you created while Hotmail Sign up, do not need to worry as you can recover it using the simple steps mentioned below:
- To get started, you need to go to the reset password page.
- Select the reason why you are unable to Sign in to your Hotmail account.
- Enter your Hotmail email address. Type the characters shown in the image and click ‘Next.”
- Select whether you want a one-time code sent to your alternate email address or your phone number.
- An email link or an OTP will be sent to your phone number or alternate email address. From there you can simply go and reset your password.
Hotmail allows you to access your inbox from anywhere across the globe. Following this guide, you can now effectively perform Hotmail Sign up, log in from different devices. You may as of now notices that signing in to Hotmail is an incredibly easy task. All you need to do is remember your email address and password.